Sunday, March 4, 2012

one step closer!!

So the insurance is squared away!!! THAT is a huge relief. It was one of the big things that we {your parents and I} had to get taken care of before we could go any further. To tell you the truth, me not having my own personal health insurance could have been a problem, but I knew that with the right person/people it wouldn't "make us or break us". Your mother even confessed to me the other day that, in talking to other potential surrogates, whether or not someone had their own coverage could very easily be a deciding factor in whether or not to go further with their communication. I'm glad that it didn't stop her with me. 

Other than that, I don't really have any big news. This can be kind of a slow process at first because there is so much that goes into the beginning stages. It almost seems like "becoming pregnant" is the easy part. :) There are so many hoops you have to jump through- psychological evaluations, physical exams, insurance, shots... so many things that have to happen BEFORE getting pregnant. But, they're all in place for very good reason & each one of those things we get to cross of our list gets us one step closer to YOU. And you, sweet child, are worth every bit of it.

love,

Kayla

My hope for you #3: That you never become so "set in your ways" that you refuse to think outside of the box. There are always solutions. Sometimes you just have to look a little harder or with a little more creativity in your thinking. But,there ARE solutions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment